Sometimes it can be a costly exercise renewing your alloy wheels, especially if you want to keep the car original. The following examples cost from £120 to £240 per wheel to replace from the manufacturer. We can offer a refurbishment service costing a fraction of this. In most cases our finish is superior to the original factory finish. In our experience, most alloy wheels show signs of corrosion after five or six years, whereas the bodywork of the car is still near perfect. Refurbishment is the ideal solution to bring your car back to life and is available in a variety of colours.
Alloy wheels are refurbished due to the following reasons:
- Kerbed, scored, or scratched wheels.
- Inferior finish leading to premature oxidation of the alloy.
- Rims losing pressure due to corrosion of the inner rim.
Our comprehensive refurbishment service consists of the following:
- Wheels and tyres removed from vehicle.
- Loan wheels provided if required.
- Tyres removed and wheels stripped of old balance weights and valves.
- Wheels chemically dipped to remove original coating.
- Wheels shot blasted to remove any imperfections.
- Minor kerbing marks machined.
- Wheels powder coated and lacquered.
- Baked in oven to harden overall coating.
- Tyres blackened and refitted to wheels.
- New chrome sleeved valves fitted to wheels and balanced accordingly.
- Finally, refurbished wheels refitted to car.